STARKI calls for Papers
The Tarakanita School of Communication and Secretarial Studies is basically a girl educational institution committed to the empowerment of young women through vocational and academic trainings. In celebrating our golden (50th) anniversary this year, we are hosting a variety of academic and non-academic events. Our academic calendar includes international conference held in our Thamrin City conference room, Central Jakarta As we are celebrating a half century of our existence in an era characterized by new developments in vocational educations, advancement of Information and Communication Technology, and global environmental issues, the conference will provide a room for exchange of ideas concerning topics relevant to the gender educations, vocational trainings, Information Communication Technology, and global environment. We do hope to welcome international institutions and academic communities to submit their papers.
Name of Conference
It is our Second International Conference on Business and Communication (ICBC) 2018. The theme is “Preparing for administrative and communicative professionals to meet the challenges of digital business communication transformation”
There are themes and sub-themes you may be interested in:
+ Gender and Education:
1. Asian Higher Education Integration
2. Accreditation Standards for Asia-Pacific Communication Schools
3. Technology in Education
4. Vocational Education
5. Innovation in Education
6. The Change of Education
+ Vocational Trainings
7. The Challenge of Today’s Higher Education Institutions
8. Diversity and the Five Principles (Pancasila)
9. Gender and Leadership
10. Gender and Media
11. Gender and marginalization of women
12. Gender and education
+ Communication and Culture:
13. Asian (Indigenous) Communication Theories, Paradigms, and Models
14. Health Communication
15. Gender and Communication
16. Cultural Traditions and Communication Theory
17. Intercultural Dialogue for Tolerance, Harmony, and Peace
+ Information and Communication Technology (ICT):
18. The effect of technology
19. Communication Technology
20. Mobile networked communities
21. Information technology for education purposes
22. Social media and behavior
23. Cyber crime
25. Marketing Communication
26. Public Relations
27. Strategic Planning
28. Media and Revolution
29. Communication and Social Media
30. Role of communication for environment
31. Environment Communication
32. Environment Conservation
+ Global Issues:
33. Corporate Communication in globalization
34. Global leadership
35. Global marketing strategies
36. Vocational higher education in global world
+ Marketing Communication:
37. Digital marketing
38. Marketing Public Relation
Schedule of Submissions
Format for abstracts
Indicate your proposed conference cluster and specific stream in the subject line of your email.
Email should include:
- paper title
- abstract should not be more than 300 words.
- author’s name, position, and institution
- email address
- short biography of the author ±100 words (separated from the abstract)
Criteria for Abstract Review:
- Relevance of the conference theme
- Originality and innovativeness of the topic
- Solid research design and methodology
Format for full papers
- The papers should be of 8-15 pages in length (see paper format)
- Should be written in English
- The font is Times New Romans with 10 pts.
Criteria for Review of full papers:
- Extensive and appropriate literature review
- Logical organization of papers
- Text citations and the reference in APA style
- In-depth and evidence-based analysis and conclusions
- The text should be typed with Microsoft Word and be in plain text and not formatting (see paper template)
- The document should not have any password protection
- Do not put your own page numbers on the manuscript
Conference fee (in IDR)
Before June 30th
After July 1st
All foreign participants
Attendees (without paper presentation)
Printed proceedings (prior order)
· Conference Bag
· Certificate of Presentation
· Lunch and Coffee Break
· Conference Program & Proceeding soft copy
· Access to all sessions
Those who need printed proceeding should order in advance by email to ICBC2018@starki.id
Please take note that the deadline of conference payment will be on or before July 20, 2018. This will give us enough time to make the necessary preparations for the venue, and all other pre-conference arrangements. Kindly send to my email address the scanned copy of your receipt upon payment.
The ICBC will protect your personal information. Your personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
If you have mistakenly paid more than required, we will refund the extra amount paid within 30 days. The transaction charges will be deducted while giving refund.
Please clearly mention the name of author and paper title on payment invoice and email the scanned copy of payment receipt to ICBC2018@starki.id
By submitting your paper, you agree, that if your paper gets selected you will register and present the paper. All co-authors attending and/or presenting at the conference must register too.
- Abstract submission deadline, May 31th
- Notification of abstract Acceptance, June 5th
- Full paper submission deadline ,June 30th
- Notification of paper acceptance, July 5th
- Payment deadline, July 20th
- Paper presentation July 28th
Criteria for Review
Criteria used to judge abstracts will include, but not restricted to the following:
- Theoretical Orientation
- Research Design
- Quality of writing and organization of the paper
- Indications of potential contributions of the study to communication research in Asia
Criteria used to judge full papers will include, but not restricted to the following:
- Purpose of the paper
- Organization of the paper
- Literature Review
- Research Methodology
- Relevance of paper to the conference
- Quality of writing
- Evidences and conclusions relating to the purpose of the paper with the evidence
- supporting the conclusions
Acceptance decisions related to the submitted papers will be based on both: closed, double-blind reviews and open, non-blind reviews. Consequently:
- Abstracts and draft papers submitted to ICBC 2018 will be sent to, at least, two reviewers for its respective double-blind reviews; and
- The abstracts/papers will also be submitted to reviewers nominated by their respective authors for its non-blind review. The author(s) of each submitted extended abstract should nominate at least one reviewer.
Acceptance of a submitted paper will be based on both kinds of reviewing. The selection of the best 25%-30% papers, will also be done based on both kinds of reviewing.
Final versions of all accepted papers, extended abstracts, and short abstracts that have at least one of their authors with a confirmed registration status in the conference will be included in both versions of the conference proceedings (hard copy and CD).
The converence will held at:
Thamrin City Campus
Community Center 6th floor
Jln. Thamrin Boulevard Central Jakarta
Our address is just 300 meters from Hotel Indonesia (HI) roundabout.
you can download it here.
The purpose of this document is to provide you with General Guidelines for giving an oral presentation at the 2018 International Conference on Business and Communication (ICBC2018). The size of a session can vary depending on the conference. A session may include 5-8 speakers. All speakers are expected to be present at the time their session begins, and to remain for the entire session. You should arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled time of presentation to meet with the session “moderator” who will confirm that you are present. Again, the maximum length of your presentation is 15 minutes in length with 5 minutes for questions. Your moderator will signal you a few minutes before your talk should end. If you try to go over the maximum time allotted, the moderator will end your talk by interrupting you to announce that your time is up.
What To Discuss
Since your time is limited, and your research topics are substantial; and since you want to transmit as much useful information as possible; preparing your talk requires careful planning. You must step back from the intimate detail you have been immersed in during your research and see it in its totality, with everything in proper perspective. Note that an oral presentation is different from a written presentation. The oral presentation is like the Abstract, concise and to the point.
Preparation For Presentation
It is advised that you to give one or more practice run of your presentation before doing it in public. Begin in a room by yourself. Set a timer. Stand up in front where you intend to stand. Have whatever notes, props, illustrations you need ready and in position. Then give the presentation as if the room were full. Imagine people sitting out there looking at you. Look them in the eyes. Imagine yourself in the audience watching you give the talk. Do it several times. Try also to give the talk before a friend who will honestly critique your presentation. Giving a talk to an empty room may feel strange, but giving it in a room with someone else there is even stranger.
We look forward to your participation of this program. We hope to meet you in the conference and to enjoy the beauty of the central city, Jakarta.
Download overview: STARKI Calls for Papers